Seeking Applicants who are dedicated, driven, with a willingness to learn and work hard to achieve your qualification.
Are you a cut above the rest? Because we only want the best!
Goodhand Building Contractors is a small family run residential building company in the Franklin area, Auckland. Our projects can be in the Franklin area and into Auckland or North Waikato. We take pride in building homes with excellence, while also building great relationships with our clients and our team. We are looking to expand and require an Apprentice Carpenter to join our awesome team.
About the Position:
We need a motivated Apprentice Carpenter, someone who is happy to put in the hard yards and is ready to embark on an exciting career in Carpentry.
Being a small business the opportunity to further your career from Apprentice Carpenter to Qualified Carpenter and then Foreman is there for the right person. That person would require a great attitude, fine attention to detail and a willingness to listen, learn and work hard to get the job done to the high standard we expect.
To be considered for the role you MUST have:
- Reasonable Maths ability.
- Be punctual and able to organise yourself.
- Show initiative and be solution focused.
- Work towards owning your own hand and power toolkit.
- Be motivated to progress your building career.
- Demonstrate 100% commitment to workplace Health & Safety practices.
- Great communication skills.
- Be a positive team player.
- Honest, Reliable with a friendly professional manner.
- Have a great attitude and good work ethic.
- No criminal convictions
- Restricted NZ Drivers License (minimum) and reliable transport.
Additional skills that would be an advantage:
- Previous experience in trades as labourer or similar
- Full NZ Drivers License
Applicants for this position must be eligible to work in NZ
You must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and participate in Workplace Health Monitoring.
Our ideal Applicant can expect:
- Work environment that is positive and fun and a company committed to helping you achieve your goals.
- Varied, challenging and quality work.
- Self-learning as well as on-site and off-site training.
- Opportunity to grow within our company alongside us.
- Paid day off on your birthday.
- Additional incentives based on professional development and performance.
- Regular outside of work team events.
So if you are ready to commit yourself to join a team culture of excellence where you can develop new skills and begin a career in the building industry then we would love to talk….
Hit the Button below to apply online.
Think this position could be for you?
Our passion lies in building well-designed, architectural homes with a focus on quality, and we have been delivering on that passion since 2015. We endeavour to create an enjoyable build experience for our clients and to leave them with a home they love.
021 576 216
021 209 9893
© Goodhand Building Contractors Ltd 2020