Seeking a dedicated, driven and skilled Qualified Builder.
Are you a cut above the rest? Because we only want the best!
Goodhand Building Contractors is a small family run residential building company in the Franklin area, Auckland. Our projects can be in the Franklin area or into Auckland or North Waikato. We take pride in building homes with excellence, while also building great relationships with our clients and our team. We are looking to expand and employ a qualified builder to join our team.
About the Position:
We need a skilled Qualified Builder, someone who has put in the hard yards and is ready to take their building career to the next level.
Being a small business the opportunity to further your career into a leadership position is there for the right person. That person would need to demonstrate a can-do attitude, fine attention to detail and a willingness to work hard to get the job done to the high standard we expect.
To be considered for the role you MUST have:
- NZ Trade Qualification NZQA in Carpentry Level 4.
- Excellent carpentry skills
- At least 3 yrs experience working as a qualified builder in NZ (preferably residential new builds or renovations)
- Be equipped with own hand and power tools.
- Be competent at reading, understanding and building to plans.
- Have a great attitude and awesome work ethic.
- Great communication skills
- Ability to lead when required but also be a team player.
- Be punctual, show initiative and be solution focused.
- Honest, Reliable with a friendly professional manner.
- Demonstrate 100% commitment to workplace Health & Safety practices.
- No criminal convictions
- Restricted NZ Drivers License (minimum) and reliable transport.
Additional skills that would be an advantage:
- Licensed Building Practitioner (LBP)
- Full NZ Drivers License
- Be willing to learn to OR be capable of training apprentices.
Applicants for this position must be eligible to work in NZ
You must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and participate in Workplace Health Monitoring.
Our ideal Applicant can expect:
- Work environment that is positive and fun and a company committed to helping you achieve your goals.
- Varied, challenging and quality work.
- Self-learning as well as on-site and off-site training.
- Opportunity to grow within our company alongside us.
- Paid day off on your birthday.
- Additional incentives based on professional development and performance.
- Regular outside of work team events.
So if you are ready to commit yourself to join a team culture of excellence where you can develop your skills further, enhance your career then we would love to talk.
Fill out the form below to apply online.
Posted 21 March 2019
Think this position could be for you?
Our passion lies in building well-designed, architectural homes with a focus on quality, and we have been delivering on that passion since 2015. We endeavour to create an enjoyable build experience for our clients and to leave them with a home they love.
021 576 216
021 209 9893
© Goodhand Building Contractors Ltd 2020