Experienced Apprentice Carpenter
Seeking Applicants who are dedicated, driven, with a willingness to learn and work hard to achieve your qualification.
Are you a cut above the rest? Because we only want the best!
Goodhand Building Contractors is a small family run residential building company in the Franklin area, Auckland. Our projects can be in the Franklin area and into Auckland or North Waikato. We take pride in building homes with excellence, while also building great relationships with our clients and our team. We are looking to expand and require an Experienced Apprentice Carpenter to join our awesome team.
About the Position:
We need a motivated 2ndor 3rdyear Apprentice Carpenter, someone who is happy to put in the hard yards and is ready to progress their career in Carpentry.
Being a small business the opportunity to further your career from Apprentice Carpenter to Qualified Carpenter and then Foreman is there for the right person. That person would require a great attitude, fine attention to detail and a willingness to listen, learn and work hard to get the job done to the high standard we expect.
To be considered for the role you MUST have:
- Reasonable Maths ability.
- Be punctual and able to organise yourself.
- Be able to work unsupervised for certain work.
- Have reasonable knowledge in residential construction and maintain quality workmanship.
- Show initiative and be solution focused.
- Have a reasonable complement of hand and power tools.
- Be motivated to progress your building career.
- Demonstrate 100% commitment to workplace Health & Safety practices.
- Great communication skills.
- Be a positive team player.
- Honest, Reliable with a friendly professional manner.
- Have a great attitude and good work ethic.
- No criminal convictions
- Restricted NZ Drivers License (minimum) and reliable transport.
Additional skills that would be an advantage:
- Full NZ Drivers License
Applicants for this position must be eligible to work in NZ
You must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and participate in Workplace Health Monitoring.
Our ideal Applicant can expect:
- Work environment that is positive and fun and a company committed to helping you achieve your goals.
- Varied, challenging and quality work.
- Self-learning as well as on-site and off-site training.
- Opportunity to grow within our company and alongside us.
- Paid day off on your birthday.
- Additional incentives based on professional development and performance.
- Regular outside of work team events
So if you are ready to commit yourself to join a team culture of excellence where you can develop your skills further and grow your career with us then we would love to talk….
Fill out the form below to apply online
Applications posted 21 March 2019
Think this position could be for you?
Our passion lies in building well-designed, architectural homes with a focus on quality, and we have been delivering on that passion since 2015. We endeavour to create an enjoyable build experience for our clients and to leave them with a home they love.
021 576 216
021 209 9893
© Goodhand Building Contractors Ltd 2020